Because some of you asked for an installation guide for the example I posted earlier – here comes a small how-to so that you can get the demo up and running on your own computer/webserver.
There is more than one way to get this done …
2) you want to install everything on your own computer/webserver and create your own flash/indexhibit page.
for 1) just download the sources and take a look at the frontend-classes within the com.apdevblog.examples.indexhibit.view package. play with them and change the things you need to alter the look of the entire page. don’t modify the amf-server url and you’ll get our dummy-posts to be displayed in your page (for testing purposes).
for the rest of you (2) … here is the short installation guide.
- requirements: webserver running php (>=4) and mysql
- install Indexhibit in a subdirectory of your webserver (e.g. /ndxz)
- copy the “amf” folder to the root-directory of your webserver (this is the installation of amfphp)
- then make sure you can access the remote gateway of your amfphp installation by opening the URL in your browser (sth. like http://localhost/amf/gateway.php) – it should look like our gateway.
- change the values in /amf/includes/dbaccess.php to fit your mysql-user and DB
- also, you need to change the SERVER_URL inside of the Constants-AS3-class (com.apdevblog.examples.indexhibit.model.Constants)
now you should be able to compile* the swf and grab the data from your server
we are using the flex 3 sdk to compile the Index.as. But you have to add the “frame”-parameter to the compiler arguments:
-frame two com.apdevblog.examples.indexhibit.Main
*\* Important notice ** :)
For those of you who are not that much into flash/flex and never used the flex compiler before I am currently working on a FLA-file that will also compile the example (stay tuned).
The example is heavily based on the pureMVC framework – so again, if you’re not familiar with this framework, you better wait for the easier-to-use FLA-file example coming up this week.
This is it for now – if there are any questions or suggestions for improvement just post a comment and we’ll get to it right away.